Super Sacred Valley Tour (Private)
Enjoy with us the best tour from Cusco to the Sacred Valley of the Incas located alongside the Vilcanota River; bring home an unforgettable experience at a reasonable price.
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Cusco, at 7 a.m. You will be taken on a road that winds around the mountains north of Cusco. The Sacred Valley was one of the main areas the Incas settled. There is an unusual abundance of fertile plains in this high area of the Andes. You will also witness vast contour terracing and irrigation channels left behind by the Incas.
Later on, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac. Here, you will witness and learn about Inca culture. You will see amazing works of stone art and impressive agricultural terraces. After exploring, we will drive back to the lower town of Pisac to stop at a bustling handicraft market. After you spend some time walking around the market bargain hunting. Then , we will visit Chinchero where we will meet locals working on textile production, learn about the old textile making traditions of the Incas.
Then we go to Maras, a picturesque town surrounded by beautiful landscapes and which gives its name to the salt mines that surround it. We will go to a viewpoint to see these impressive salt quarries and discover their history for an hour. They dance from the Inca period and have transformed the physiognomy of the local landscape!
After the experience, we will head to the archaeological site of Moray. At 3,500 meters high we will find its emblematic amphitheater with circular platforms. Do you know what function the Inca civilization gave it? For an hour, we will walk through what was his experimental agricultural center.
For lunch, we go towards Urubamba where native and traditional food await for you. After lunch, will drive along the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Once we reach Ollantaytambo, we will visit the ruins, an important area of Incan construction, built during the Inca’s heydays. This is an extraordinary Inca site because you can find rock formations representing the Inca god, Wiracocha.
- Pick up from your hotel as long as you stay in the historic center
- Buffet lunch
- 100% authorized tour guides
- Professional bilingual guided tour (Spanish and English simultaneously)
- Tourist vehicle with air-conditioning
- Full ticket: 130 Soles per person – about 38 USD
- Tickets for the salt mines of Maras: 10 Soles per person – about 3 USD
- From 2 to 3 people: USD 149.00 each
- From 4 to 5 people: USD 129.00 each
- From 6 to more: USD 99.00 each
- 12 hours approx.
- We go only in groups from 2 to 15 people.
- You can buy the tickets on the same day as your tour at the first tour attraction.
- Bring local currency for the entrance fees, no USD or cards are accepted.
- If you are a big group, ask for special prices and we will organize the experience for you.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- If you are a solo traveller, we open a group just for you with adjusted Price.
- Pick up included from all hotels and accommodations from Historic Center of Cusco