Dark Tourism at The Catacombs & General Cemetery of Lima
A unique and different experience!
Discover the history of Peru, through death, visiting the famous colonial catacombs built under the churches and the general cemetery “Presbítero Maestro”, built in 1808, which is the oldest public cemetery in America with more than 700 mausoleums!
We will learn the history of Peru chronologically, visiting the Plaza de Armas of Lima to talk about the founding of the City of Kings by Francisco Pizarro and how the city evolved into the most magnificent city in Latin America. Visit the convent of San Francisco, the largest in Lima and its catacombs to discover what life was like for the citizens of the colonial era.
Finish the tour discovering one of the hidden treasures of Lima, the Matías Maestro cemetery and its beautiful neoclassical mausoleums. Visit the pavilion of suicides, the crypt of heroes and more!
- Pick up – Drop off from your hotel.
- Professional Guide in Spanish, English or Portuguese.
- Bottled water.
- Ticket to the catacombs
- Ticket to Matías Maestro General Cementery
- 1 person: 75 USD
- 2 to 3 people: 70 USD
- 4 to 6 people: 65 USD
- 4 hours approx.
- We go only in small groups from 1 to 6.
- If you are a big group, ask for special prices and we will organize the experience for you.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- If you are a solo traveler, you join a group or we open a group just for you.
- Pick up included from Barranco, Miraflores, San Isidro or Downtown Lima, if you are staying in a different district, a small extra fee will be charged.
- From Tuesday to Sunday at 16:00