2 Days Package Inca Trail & Machu Picchu (Private)
DIA 1: CUSCO -OLLANTAYTAMBO- KM 104 CHACHABAMBA- WIÑAY-
WAYNA- MACHUPICCHU-AGUAS CALIENTES.
Pick up from your hotel at 4:00 am for a 2 hour bus ride to the train station in Ollantaytambo. Once there, we will board the Expedition or Voyager train and travel for around one hour and 45 minutes to Km 104 (start of our trek). (It is worth the effort to get up early and go with this train, which allows us to enter and start our trek early at Km 104.
After presenting passports at the control, we begin to walk smoothly a few meters from the Vilcanota the Vilcanota River. Starting the way we will see the ruins of Chachabamba, a stone altar in-situ that served to worship the sun and the mountains, still venerated by the local people. After visiting Chachabamba, we will continue the trail to the south and begin a gradual climb up the mountain, before entering a cloud forest with lots of vegetation.
The trail then exits the forest and heads west, as we continue uphill in an open meadow. After walking for 3 hours, the trail descends into an amazing forest. Here we will find a beautiful waterfall, then we will reach the lower part of the ruins of Wiñaywayna. We will appreciate the beauty of this place, complemented with the information of our expert guide. After consuming our box lunch in Wiñayway, we will continue in the afternoon in the cloud forest, full of bromeliads, orchids, and fern trees. As we walk this last part of the trail, we will pass by many impressive features such as stone staircases and tambos (“resting places”). You will climb 60 stairs before arriving at Inti Punku (“the door of the sun”). From this point, you can contemplate and observe this marvelous place. Then we will descend for 45 minutes until we reach the part of the famous viewpoint, from here you will be able to observe the sunset.
We will descend to the entrance of Machupicchu where we will board the bus to Aguas Calientes. Overnight at our selected Hotel.
DAY 2: DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES-MACHUPICHU- – OLLANTAYTAMBO-
Breakfast from 06:00am, then we will board the bus to Machupicchu, the park. We will have a guided tour of Machupicchu, this enigmatic and mysterious city is explored for approximately 2 hours explained by your expert guide, you will be able to visit the most impressive places, the temple of the 3 windows, the main temple, the sacred Plaza, the famous Intihuatana where the Inkas sages tied the sun at the winter solstice in June, staircases, squares, fountains, etc. After finishing our masterful visit, we will go down by bus to the assigned restaurant and then board our train back to Cusco. The train leaves Aguas Calientes in the afternoon. Then, trasportation to our selected hotel in Cusco.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Backpack, clothes for warm and cold weather such as waterproof jacket, fleece, pants and trekking shoes, polo shirts.
- Trekking shoes, polo shirts, rain poncho, hat, scarf, sun block,
- Insect repellent and disinfectant alcohol gel. Water bottle. Camera
- Camera. Small snack selected as chocolate bar and dried fruits.
- Original passport, student card and extra money in soles.
- Pick-up from Cusco Airport
- Professional Guides
- 1 night hotel accommodation***
- Visit to CHACHABAMBA, WIÑAYWAYNA, Y CHOQUESUYSUY
- Box Lunch, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Shuttle bus back and forth from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance tickets to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Expedition Train Tickets
- Transfer Ollantaytambo to hotel in Cusco
- Transfer to Cusco airpot for your fligh back to Lima
- From 2 to 3 people: USD 450.00 each
- From 4 to 5 people: USD 430.00 each
- From 6 to more: USD 410.00 each
- 2 days and 1 night
- We go only in groups from 2 to 6 people.
- This is a private tour.
- If you are a big group, ask for special prices and we will organize the experience for you.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- If you are a solo traveller, we open a group just for you with adjusted Price.
- Pick up included from all hotels and accommodations from Historic Center of Cusco.
Pick up at 03:00am from your Cusco hotel.